Monday, November 26, 2018

Soal Teks Deskriptif

My uncle Hastomo is my mother’s brother. He is my favorite among my mother’s brother. He is a very interesting man. He lives quite near us with my aunt Sasmi and my cousin Yuli and Tedy. I often go to his house.
He is about 45 with grey hair. He is still quite good looking. He is tall and well built. He has blue eyes and strong face. He wears glasses. He is short sighted. He takes them off when he does not work.
Uncle Hastomo is a textile engineer. He works for a big firm in the city. He travels widely in his job. He is an expert in solving problems with machines. At present, he is in the United States. He is visiting the firm’s customers there.
He is very fond of the sea. He has a boat at the seaside. He goes there every weekend in summer to sail. I sometimes stay with my cousins at their house on the coast. When uncle Hastomo is at home, he usually takes us out in the boat.

1.        Who is uncle Hastomo?
a.         Yuli’s uncle                                                        c. My mother’s uncle
b.         Tedy’s father                                                      d. Aunt Sasmi neighbor
2.        What does the 2nd paragraph tell us about?
a.         The physical description of the writer’s uncle
b.         The job of the writer’s uncle
c.         The family’s member of the writer’s uncle
d.        The hobby of the writer’s uncle
3.        “He takes them off when…” (paragraph 2)
The underlined words refers to…
a.         Yuli and Tedy                                                    c. Eyes
b.         Glasses                                                                d. Aunt Sasmi and her children
4.        What is the communicative purpose of the text?
a.         To inform the way something is done                c. To tell the readers about the past event
b.         To describe a particular person                           d. To amuse the readers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banner